Open the Square Point of Sale application from your mobile Android application to process in-person payments using Square hardware.
This topic makes the following assumptions:
- You've read the introductory review of this API.
The example code in this topic assumes the following:
- You're building an Android application - For information about building an iOS application, see Build on iOS. For information about building a Mobile Web application, see Build on Mobile Web.
- You're using the Point of Sale SDK for Android version 2.0 and the Square Point of Sale application v4.64 and later - The Point of Sale SDK provides a helpful wrapper around the Point of Sale API, which simplifies the development process.
- You're using version 15 as the minimum supported Android SDK version - If you're using an earlier version, you might need to update your SDK to use the sample code in this topic.
- You're using Java - The Point of Sale SDK only supports Java on Android.