Request authorization tokens with a command-line tool to initialize Square mobile solutions like the Reader SDK.
To use the steps in this topic, you need the following:
- An active location ID - Copy a valid developer account location ID from the Production mode Locations settings page of your Square application in the Developer Dashboard.
- A valid access token - For more information, see Access Tokens and Other Square Credentials.
Generate a mobile authorization code
You should generate mobile authorization codes programmatically because they're short lived and cannot be hardcoded or reused. You might, however, need to generate a mobile authorization code manually during development.
To manually generate a mobile authorization code:
- Open the Developer Dashboard.
- In the left pane, choose Credentials, and then copy your personal access token from the Credentials page.
- In the left pane, choose Locations, and then copy an active location ID from the Locations page.