When working with dates, the Square API endpoints expect the following:
Timestamps (date and time) in RFC 3339 format. For example,
end_atin the TimeRange type. In the SearchOrders request body, the
query.filter.date_time_filter.created_atfield is of the
TimeRangetype. It can be:
- UTC time "2013-01-15T00:00:00Z".
- An offset from UTC time to indicate a time zone, such as "2013-01-15T00:00:00-08:00" (for 8 hours behind UTC time).
Clients must account for daylight savings time when providing offset dates.
Durations in RFC 3339 format. For example,
courier_pickup_window_durationin the FulfillmentDeliveryDetails type. Examples of RFC 3339 durations are as follows:
- 2 days, 12 hours, 30 minutes, and 15 seconds: "P2DT12H30M15S"
- 3 hours and 15 minutes: "PT3H15M"
The Square Connect V1 API is a deprecated API. If you're still using this API, note that date and timestamp strings always use ISO 8601 format:
- Fields that only require a date value can use YYYY-MM-DD notation. For example, "2007-04-05".
- Fields that only require a time value can use 24-hour notation (HH:MM:SS). For example, "14:30:00".
- Fields that require a data and time value use YYYY-MM-DDTHH:MM notation. For example, "2007-04-05T14:30".