The following topics review some of the basic concepts you should understand when developing applications on the Square Developer Platform:
- TLS and HTTPS - Guidance for enabling HTTPS to call Square APIs over a secured connection.
- Using the REST API - Information about sending requests to Square APIs and handling responses.
- Handling Errors - Guidance about error handling and descriptions of the components of an
- Best Practices for Collecting Information - Requirements and general guidelines for collecting and managing customer information. If you collect personal information from customers, it's critical that you handle that information responsibly.
- Language Preferences for Applications - People communicate with software through natural languages, such as English, French, and Spanish. Because each person has a different preferred language, developers must track and accommodate language preferences of customers. This topic explains how applications that integrate the Square API might accommodate these language preferences in communications.