Terminal API Test Device ID Not Successfully Completing

Hello!

The test device ID for a successful terminal payment (no tip) for the Terminal API Sandbox (listed here) never completes and times out after the deadline duration is exceeded.

The specific device ID is 9fa747a2-25ff-48ee-b078-04381f7c828f and this is occurring for amounts under $25 USD. This seems to have started about a week ago.

Thanks!
JB

Hi @johnbona welcome to the forums!

I’m seeing the same as you, so following up with our Terminal team and will let you know what I find. Thanks for reporting!

Following back up, this has now been fixed. Thanks, again, for reporting!

Thanks for fixing! :+1:

Hi,
I’m getting the same timeout issue for this test device ID. What was the solution to this problem?
Thanks,
JG

:wave: @jesseg What’s your application Id and what amount are you trying to charge? I just tested and it completed as expected.

Hi Bryan,
Application ID: sandbox-sq0idb-N4WVCeIMMIJXs2w3eFY_PA
Amounts: Under $25 AUD
Thanks

@jesseg I took a look at your logs and I see that you are passing in an amount of $0.11. The minimum amount to charge for the Terminal API is $1.00. Which is why the checkout remains in progress then cancels. If you pass in the amount of 100 it will complete as expected. For example:

{
    "checkout": {
      "amount_money": {
        "amount": 100,
        "currency": "AUD"
      },
      "device_options": {
        "device_id": "9fa747a2-25ff-48ee-b078-04381f7c828f"
      }
    },
    "idempotency_key": "{{$guid}}"

Thanks, Bryan.
I’ve been trying a range of values from $0 to $25 as the documentation for the above test device_id states “Approved payments are up to $25 USD. Larger amounts fail and the checkout remains PENDING until it times out.” Looking further into it, amounts up to but not including $100 are failing.

With that test device_id that is the intended behavior. Approved payments are up to $25 USD. Larger amounts fail and the checkout remains PENDING until it times out. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi Bryan,
I’m getting the same timeout issue for this test device ID.
Application ID: sandbox-sq0idb-N4WVCeIMMIJXs2w3eFY_PA
Amounts: Under $1 - $25 USD
Thanks

:wave: Do you have a checkout_id that this happened with? When I checked your sandbox account is see successful payments with the Terminal API test values. :slightly_smiling_face:

Checkout ID : 6fNxEtc227dqO

I didn’t receive any {status: COMPLETED} webhook for this checkout id, also I tried out to find the checkout in API Explorer tool it return 404

Hi, hope you’re doing well!

Hitting the same sort of issue, is there any additional info you can provide to help out?
App ID: sandbox-sq0idb-KfB1vXoC33wMYxN1SqLEcg
Example checkout ID: WKDBegr31OcqO

Thanks

Is the access token your using for this request an OAuth access token? If so do you have PAYMENTS_WRITE, PAYMENTS_READ, and PAYMENTS_WRITE_IN_PERSON permissions?

Hi,
Turns out I was missing the ‘PAYMENTS_WRITE_IN_PERSON’ OAuth permission. After adding it onto the list of requested permissions and re-authenticating, the checkouts are completing

Thank you very much

This seems to be happening again. I’m getting IN_PROGRESS continuously for payments in test mode using device 9fa747a2-25ff-48ee-b078-04381f7c828f, under $25.

Whats the checkout_id I just tested and it work as expected. :slightly_smiling_face:

I just ran it again, and it created checkout ID vxYCyfMaSQqqO

The amount is 360 (as in $3.60 USD), device ID 9fa747a2-25ff-48ee-b078-04381f7c828f. I can find the app ID too if that would be helpful.

What’s the location_id that your trying to process the payment for? Is it a USD account? :slightly_smiling_face: