Terminal API Sandbox Device ID Not Successfully Completing

Hello!

The test device ID for a successful terminal payment (no tip) for the Terminal API Sandbox (listed here ) never completes and times out after the deadline duration is exceeded.

The specific device ID is 2b0b734b-b187-47f0-9d6f-288745210bdb and this is occurring for any CAD amounts. This seems to have started about a month ago.

Thanks!

Hi @seseha4836geeky83.c welcome to the forums!

There’s an issue on the Terminal API in sandbox, that requires you to have PAYMENTS_WRITE_IN_PERSON permission, which we’re working to resolve. Can you confirm you have that permission, and if so, please provide your Square application id? I’ve been unable to replicate past the permission so far.

Thank you for your advice. I had added PAYMENTS_WRITE_IN_PERSON permission and payments began to complete.
But I got another issue. Instead of my custom notes to payments, all payments got note “Custom Amount”.
Hope you can help me.

1 Like

@sjosey Thank you for your advice. I had added PAYMENTS_WRITE_IN_PERSON permission and payments began to complete.
But I got another issue. Instead of my custom notes to payments, all payments got note “Custom Amount”.
Hope you can help me.

Apologies for the delay. “Custom Amount” occurs when there is no itemization on the transaction. In the case of Terminal API, unfortunately there is no way to add itemization or an order to it, so it will always say “Custom Amount” for the time being.

To clarify, as I think I may have misunderstood a bit, there is a known issue with the note field not being passed correctly to the payment object when completing checkouts. The team is actively working on this and I’ll be sure to update this thread when it’s been resolved. Note this is only an issue in sandbox, not production, to be clear.