Update Invoice API message reminder issue

I am using the Update Invoice API in attempt to update a published invoice.
It works when I use one reminder. However, when I add a second InvoicePaymentReminder Object I am getting a bad request error ```Update request has duplicate reminder objects with the same UID on the payment request``.

Am I missing something in my request?

:wave: I’m Square Dev AI, here to help answer your question!
Based on the information you’ve provided, the following documentation will help answer your question:

Additional Documentation

Create and Publish Invoices
Create and Publish Invoices
Pay or Refund Invoices

If this documentation helped you find a solution, please check the box indicating that this reply solves the problem.
Otherwise one of our Developer Advocates will provide additional assistance shortly.

The error message suggests that there are duplicate reminder objects with the same UID in your request. Each reminder object should have a unique UID. If you’re adding a second reminder, make sure it has a different UID than the first one. If two reminders have the same UID, the system will consider them as duplicates and will throw an error.

This answer was reviewed by @Bryan-Square.

I do not see an option to set the UID for reminders, Is this not generated by Square and a read-only property?

This appears to be a bug in the API. I tried sending the reminder uid in a request server-side and received an error stating the field cannot be set by clients.

This is the expected behavior since its a read only field. Square will generate the uid. :slightly_smiling_face:

I understand, I have allowed square to generate the uid when adding two reminders and it is failing with request error stating there is duplicate uid as originally posted.

The AI generated response is saying the uid needs to be unique but if Square is generating these unique uid’s and giving me a duplicate error, It appears to me Square is creating a duplicate uid and there is nothing I can do on my end to resolve this request error.

What’s your application ID? :slightly_smiling_face:

sq0idp-4UdEWhlCRO9dyPtjxJQ37Q

Hi Bryan! Any word yet on if there is an issue with the Api or my request?