This started on 9/22. Was working prior. Order exists when I query for the order Id but does not show up in dashboard. Also, orders webhook does not fire.
I’m seeing this in Sandbox today too. Orders created through our kiosk complete payment successfully, and I can retrieve them by ID, but SearchOrders doesn’t return them—even without a date filter. We’re also not receiving their order webhooks.
I tried creating an order directly through the Sandbox API and got the same result, so it doesn’t appear specific to the kiosk.
This is blocking live ticket testing for our KDS. Is anyone else seeing this, or is there a known Sandbox issue?
Confirming the same issue across two separate Square Sandbox test accounts since September 23. The Payments API returns and fully reconciles all completed payments by location and creation time, but the Sandbox Seller Dashboard shows zero transactions and its Transactions CSV exports omit those dates.
September 23 API results: 180 payments for Restaurant 1 and 78 payments for Restaurant 2.
September 24 through 2:00 PM Central: 67 payments totaling $1,099.00 for Restaurant 1 and 24 payments totaling $1,398.50 for Restaurant 2.
Both Sandbox Dashboards show no corresponding transactions. This is blocking CSV-based integration testing. Can Square confirm and investigate the Sandbox Dashboard/reporting index? We can provide payment IDs and the application ID privately.
Welcome to the Developer Forum!
Thank you so much bringing this to our attention. I was testing this on my end too and was able to replicate the issue where the order details are retrieved with via RetrieveOrder but not from SearchOrder or via dashboard. I’m flagging this to our team so that they can start investigating this.
We sometimes experience Sandbox parity gap including the issue you brought to us: RetrieveOrder works because it’s a direct lookup, while SearchOrders and dashboard depend on background indexing pipelines.
Given that this is an issue in sandbox, it might take a bit of time for them to initiate the process. In the meanwhile, would you be able to test this in the production? You can test this with CASH or EXTERNAL tender types to avoid moving real money.
I can confirm production is working fine. In fact that is my work around right now.
You know what they say. I don’t always test but when I do it’s in production.
Thanks for confirming that there are no issues with production.
Our team was able to locate the fix and it’s been already deployed. I was able to verify on my end that the orders now show up in SeachOrder and in dashboard in sandbox.
Could you please confirm it works on your end as well?
Confirmed this is working on my end. I am showing webhooks are showing and the searched orders are showing. Thanks!
Thanks—the fix appears partially successful. September 24 transactions are now visible in both Sandbox Dashboards, but September 23 still shows “No Transactions in This Time Frame” for both accounts. The Payments API confirmed 180 payments for Restaurant 1 and 78 payments for restaurant 2 for September 23. Was the fix prospective only, and can the September 23 records be reindexed/backfilled?
It works for me now as well.
That is correct. I was able to confirm with the team that the fix is from Sept 24th and onwards, we did not do a backfill since it is sandbox. It should work as intended going forward, and you can test your data against the dashboard with that timeframe in mind.