Internal server error when Create loyalty reward

We are getting this error when calling createLoyaltyReward:

{
  "errors": [
    {
      "code": "INTERNAL_SERVER_ERROR",
      "detail": "An internal error has occurred, and the API was unable to service your request.",
      "category": "API_ERROR"
    }
  ]
}

Request:

POST /v2/loyalty/rewards
 {
  "reward": {
    "loyalty_account_id": "527a8855-c4de-44f1-ac40-6eb7469503e3",
    "reward_tier_id": "e1705c33-c7a4-46fa-8786-14b87013b0fe",
    "order_id": "WRWI6Xke8w09mz3jwB7yVxm9g18YY"
  },
  "idempotency_key": "6dcbf5b2-0cc8-4d83-ab8e-2ecde703521d"
}

It seems the reward is attaching to the order success, but we are getting the above error.

What’s your application ID? :slightly_smiling_face:

sq0idp-7zihwF_PCBpkuMdTCS2jrw

@Bryan-Square any update on this?

I’m still waiting on an update from the team. Once I have more information I’ll let you know. :slightly_smiling_face:

It appears your using the same idempotency_key for different request. If requests uses the same idempotency_key, then it is expected that the responses will be the same. The 500 is a bug on our part that we’ll need to fix. In the mean time, you can change to using a different idempotency_key so that the request will successfully go through. :slightly_smiling_face:

We also tried using a unique UUID as idempotency_key, but the response is still the same. Check the request below. Also, we have verified that we are calling the createLoyaltyReward API only once.

{
  "reward": {
    "loyalty_account_id": "527a8855-c4de-44f1-ac40-6eb7469503e3",
    "reward_tier_id": "2d360a0d-462f-4b8b-8180-3e09638f2a59",
    "order_id": "MgyRaNipCfrCmcDJQ4x96RFIgvZZY"
  },
  "idempotency_key": "30913029-b5d2-4291-905a-e66a929d814e"
}

Response:

{
  "errors": [
    {
      "code": "INTERNAL_SERVER_ERROR",
      "detail": "An internal error has occurred, and the API was unable to service your request.",
      "category": "API_ERROR"
    }
  ]
}

Any insights or suggestions on fixing this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Was this by chance the same UUID that was used to create the order? :slightly_smiling_face:

No, this is a newly generated unique UUID

Okay, thanks for confirming. I’m checking with the team. :slightly_smiling_face:

The team is still looking into this. Is this the only account that your getting this error with and are you getting it every time when you create the reward? :slightly_smiling_face:

yeah we are getting this error for all the createLoyaltyReward calls