Customers Groups API & Enhanced Search now GA

We’re excited to share that Customer Groups API, Customer Segments API, and enhanced Customer Search endpoint are now generally available!

Customer Groups API and Segments API enable you to do full lifecycle management and analysis of Customer Groups and retrieve dynamic Customer Segment information. Enhanced Customer Search Endpoint enables you to search for customers in real time based on email address, phone number, and reference ID.

Visit our Customers API documentation to get started and feel free to ask questions or provide feedback on this channel!

I’m having a problem with the Search endpoint on the Customers API when filtering by group_id. The following request returns a 200 response and an empty object. I’m using the Square API Explorer to test this. The Customer API search endpoint successfully returns results on a search with no query filters. I’m certain that the group_id is valid because I obtained it from one such search. I’ve also tried several other group_ids with no luck.

I’ve replaced my access token with “MY_TOKEN” in this example, but am using the correct token in my actual search. Any ideas what I’m missing?

curl https://connect.squareup.com/v2/customers/search \
  -X POST \
  -H 'Square-Version: 2020-12-16' \
  -H 'Authorization: Bearer MY_TOKEN \
  -H 'Content-Type: application/json' \
  -d '{
    "query": {
      "filter": {
        "group_ids": {
          "all": [
            "994WY37629MGF.REACHABLE"
          ]
        }
      }
    }
  }'

@percussionoid, would you mind creating a new topic for this and tag it with customers-api ? That’ll just make it easier for others to find the answer and make a little more sense contextually in its own topic. :grin:

Will do, thanks @wootmoot.