Checkout link having ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR error

Hi,
I would hope you can help me with below issue:

2 customers are getting a ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR when using used a checkout link.
Tried multiple times on phone and pc
2 other customers did NOT have any problem using the same link.
All in UK.

Link that has the problem:

Note, this may be related to earlier issue, but at that time it was a “server error” and since than the new link format has been activated by square

Thanks in advance.

:wave: It sounds like it specific to that device/browser since you aren’t able to replicate it on any other devices. What troubleshooting steps have they done. Did the restart the device? :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi,
It’s an error that they independently get.
These are brandnew customers that I cannot simply ask a lot of questions because that will make them fear I’m running a scam.
I got the message by whatsapp, at least one of them claims it happened both on phone and pc.

I have invited them to the choir rehearsal that they want to subscribe to and then we will try together. We’ll see how that goes.

Rose

Damn,
an other one

:frowning:
Rose

OK,
It is very difficult to get feedback on reasons why things fail,
But after having looked for that on internet more, at this moment I’m inclined to think that the ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR is probably a rare one-off that is related to browser.
I’m ok to just monitor this for now.

Having said that, I’m still having problems with subscriptions checkout link but I will update the other thread with that

Rose

Tips to fix-

Clear SSL State.
Verify SSL Certificate (DNS settings haven’t fully propagated yet).
Check the System Time and Date.
Clear Browser Cache and Cookies.
Disable Browser Extensions.
Update Browsers to Latest Version.
Update Your Operating System.

Regards,
Rachel Gomez