Error payment processing in Magento2.4

Hello forum members. I am new to the forum and desperate to get resolution to our problem. Running Magento2.4 store and Square was working fine for over a year. Suddenly about 7 weeks ago stated getting errors when shoppers try to checkout. Yes, missed all the year end sales which is really really frustrating. I contacted Square support. Dragged me along for two weeks with no positive results. I am not an IT guy but getting our website developer guy went no where either. He kept saying the error is on Square side. Paypal is working on the site. Before I give up on Square all together, today I tried creating new Application IDs on Square Developer site thinking that perhaps starting from scratch will do the trick. Still not working. Now I am wondering if having 4 active tokens is what can cause the issue. Any help will be much appreciated.

What is the error customers are getting when trying to checkout with Square? :slightly_smiling_face:

“There was an error processing your payment”. Which is not saying much :slight_smile:

When you checked the API Logs was there any additional details? Also whats your application ID? :slightly_smiling_face:

I did not see any recent report logs in the site admin. It is possible that it is being stored in a folder that I am not aware of. I will keep looking. Production Application ID: sq0idp-tTfU-kIzo5E44fmjJeqYDA

I’m seeing some errors from loyalty saying that the application doesn’t have the correct scopes. Is the permission LOYALTY_READ being included in the OAuth process? :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you so much for taking the time to look into this. I am not sure where LOYALTY_READ would be included or excluded in the OAuth process. Can you please guide me?

It would be included in the link that’s used to OAuth the account during setup. :slightly_smiling_face: