Scheduled Cancelation on Subscriptions

Regarding canceld_date on a subscription

For a particular subscription I want to set canceled_date in such a way that a future billing cycle comes to an end and the customer won’t be billed for the next cycle. When assigning canceled_date do I choose the last date of the current cycle or the first day of the next cycle?

:wave: I’m Square Dev AI, here to help answer your question!
Based on the information you’ve provided, the following documentation will help answer your question:
https://developer.squareup.com/docs/app-marketplace/requirements/subscriptions-api

Additional Documentation

Cancel or Delete Invoices
Onboard to Square Appointments
Subscription Plan Checkout

If this documentation helped you find a solution, please check the box indicating that this reply solves the problem.
Otherwise one of our Developer Advocates will provide additional assistance shortly.

The canceled_date should be set to the last date of the current billing cycle. If you set it to the first day of the next cycle, the customer would be billed for that next cycle. By setting it to the last day of the current cycle, you ensure that the subscription ends before the next billing cycle begins, and the customer won’t be charged for the next cycle.

This answer was reviewed by @Bryan-Square.