- We are using the Payments V1 to fetch transactions made on POS, Virtual terminal, and Online store.
- The V1 API gives us the payment info plus details on the line items .
- We use a V1 webhook to be notified of new sales in real time.
- Because payments v1 is deprecated, we need to migrate off of it. But I am not sure what the path is is.
- Payments V2 does not have a way of getting the line items from the sale.
- Payments V2 only fires for credit cards.
- Transactions is deprecated.
- It seems like the best option is the Orders API but the Orders API includes very minimal information on the line item (i.e., we need the SKU number).
- If v2 payments is to be the replacement, will it eventually include line items? Or will we always need to use Orders API for fetch details about the sale now?
- If payments v2 worked with non-card payments, I still really don’t see a reason to use it over the Orders API.
- Does the Orders API fire for invoices?