Error while connecting to NFC reader ends up with an error we never defined in our code

Hello,

I am the developer of the app. My client is getting this error when trying to connect a Card Reader.
The error is this:

Something went wrong. Please contact the developer of this application and provide them with this error code: reader_settings_checkout_presented.

But, we never defined this error code.

Screen Shot 2021-07-27 at 9.42.50 AM

1. The issue is happening with iOS SDK.
  2. It is happening with Reader SDK. (pod ‘SquareReaderSDK’, ‘1.4.9’)
  3. Happening on iOS and iPadOS 14.*

Thank you!

:wave: Is this with Android or iOS? Also is this with Reader SDK or Point of Sale API?

Hi Bryan,

I should have given the basic information in my post itself. I had less coffee today. Sorry.

Here is the info you asked for.

1. The issue is happening with iOS SDK.
  2. It is happening with Reader SDK. (pod ‘SquareReaderSDK’, ‘1.4.9’)
  3. Happening on iOS and iPadOS 14.*

Please let me know if I can provide any other information.

Thank you.

Thanks for providing that. What is your application Id?

Hi Bryan,

Not sure what ID you are asking for. I guess you are looking for the app identifier what we registered with. Here it is: com.drchrono.Dr–Chrono-EMR.
Please let me know if you are asking for something other than this.

Thank you.

Hi @iamchandra, the application Id looks like: sq0idp-K-i6--d9HD4fha58YpSS6w

Hello Bryan,
App ID is: sq0idp-ISpKdUUrjo4U34K7uOYIQQ

@iamchandra it looks like we show this error when the client tries to call deauthorizeWithCompletionHandler while already having started a checkout flow. So we suspect that the your app might be calling this method at a point in time in the flow that we don’t allow for. We’re happy to look into this more if we could get steps to reproduce?

Bryan,

1. Can you please give me the Developer Documenation link for the mentioned method deauthorizeWithCompletionHandler?
  2. We have a video from the client to replicate this. I am checking with my office if it is okay to upload here as to follow HIPAA compliance. I will get back to you on this.

Thank you

Bryan,

1. Can you please give me the Developer Documenation link for the mentioned method deauthorizeWithCompletionHandler ?
  2. We have a video from the client to replicate this. I am checking with my office if it is okay to upload here as to follow HIPAA compliance. I will get back to you on this.

Thank you

@iamchandra, here is the documentation for deauthorizeWithCompletionHandler. Also let me know if we can connect on seeing the video?