Checkout API: Google Pay/Cash App Pay (show business name in popup)

Hello,

I’m not sure if this is the correct place to post this, I apologize if it’s not.

So I’m using the “Google Pay” and “CashApp” wallet payment options with my online eCommerce integration (Square Payments for Magento)

When the customer selects Google Pay, it will say “Pay to Square, Inc.” at the bottom above the pay button. Is there a way to have this say my business name or at least my domain name? Example: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

I was testing out Stripe and they offer Google Pay. Using their integration it shows “Pay to domain.com” where domain.com is my domain name. This is much preferrable than “Pay to Square, Inc.”. So it appears it is possible for Google Pay to show the domain or business name.

Similar with CashApp. When the CashApp payment option is chosen it will pop up and say “My Business”. Example: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

I can’t test the Apple Pay, but I assume it is like the Google Pay. I’d like that to say my business name as well.

How can these be changed to properly represent my company - not just some template fill-in or “Square, Inc.”. Is there a setting somewhere I’m missing? I have been talking to the developer of the extension and I was told this is something on the Square side, not extension side.

I already posted in the Square Seller Community HERE asking for support but was told to post here on the developer forums instead. Hopefully someone can actually point me in the right direction so I can get this fixed and not have confused customers because I know customers will get confused when they don’t see my business [or domain] name there and I could lose the sale if they don’t want to use the other payment options.

Thank you in advance your time is much appreciated

At this time the Google Pay Pay to Square Inc. isn’t configurable. The Cash app payment method should have been fixed. Is it still not showing the business name? As for Apple Pay the business name is passed in so the customer will see the business name. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi @Bryan-Square

Thank you for the response.

That is unfortunate about the Google Pay not being able to show the business name above the pay button. Hopefully that could be implemented in the near future? That would benefit every Square merchant using the Google Pay integration (helping their customers feel more confident in submitting their payments - with no possibility of them getting confused).

The Cash App payment method is still showing “My Business” in the popup shown here:

magento-square-cashapp-business-name-production-screenshot

Is there a setting somewhere in the Square dashboard that I should change that?

As for Apple Pay showing my business name, that is great news at least :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

Thank you for your time

I’ll definitely share the feedback with the team. What’s your application ID and the location_id that your trying to process the Cash app payment? :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m not entirely sure how secure it is to just post that information on here, so I have uploaded the info to my pastebin account with a burn after read.

QBProducts Info - Pastebin.com

Oh and thanks for willing to share the Google Pay request, it’s much appreciated.

Thank you

The only Square generated ID that’s not safe to share is the Access Token. Those should never be shared. Application ID is okay to share cause that ID is configured on the client side form in the Web Payments SDK. :slightly_smiling_face:

Alright, good to know :+1:

Were you able to diagnose what is going on with those IDs by any chance?

Would you mind providing the ID in this thread? :slightly_smiling_face:

EDIT: I’d prefer these to not be here permanently. If you missed them I can post them again, but they are also still available at that link I previously posted.

Hello? @Bryan-Square

Is there any solution to the Cash App popup saying “My Business”? It still says it I don’t know why…

If you process a Cash App payment then it will update to show the correct business name. The team is aware of this initial onboarding issue and is working on making this experience better. :slightly_smiling_face:

Alright, thanks. Glad to hear they are working on it - I don’t want confused customers.