Cash app dialog is showing the incorrect business name. It's showing "My Business" instead of the actual business name

Our team is experiencing a problem where the cash app dialog is showing the incorrect business name. It’s showing “My Business” instead of the actual business name. Many of our merchants are experiencing this issue and it is causing their customers to abandon purchases. Here is a locationID example LHD4JRVKGJSQX with our applicationID sq0idp-KhTcTaRk4hFsZS9TiVuLFA Can someone please assist with this? The merchants have tried reaching out to the Square Support team with no solutions. We’ve verified that all merchants do have their correct business name in their Square dashboard and in their locations.

Screenshot attached

This was an issue awhile ago but the team put out a fix. Where is the Checkout page hosted so I can take a look? :slightly_smiling_face:

You can add any beat to the cart here https://djruffbangintracks.com/beats?beatstore=1402 and then proceed to the checkout page. There you will see the Cash App dialog button. After clicking that, you’ll see it still says “My Business”. I can see the API response in the network tab and it is returning “My Business” in the JSON result. Please have a look! Thank you Bryan!

This is the merchants locations info.

{
    "locations": [
        {
            "id": "LHD4JRVKGJSQX",
            "name": "djruffbangintracks",
            "address": {
                "address_line_1": "2313 Brookstone Dr",
                "locality": "Bolingbrook",
                "administrative_district_level_1": "IL",
                "postal_code": "60490-5054",
                "country": "US"
            },
            "timezone": "America/Chicago",
            "capabilities": [
                "CREDIT_CARD_PROCESSING",
                "AUTOMATIC_TRANSFERS"
            ],
            "status": "ACTIVE",
            "created_at": "2023-07-01T09:07:46.049Z",
            "merchant_id": "MLK5MCH3E50EC",
            "country": "US",
            "language_code": "en-US",
            "currency": "USD",
            "business_name": "djruffbangintracks",
            "type": "PHYSICAL",
            "business_hours": {},
            "description": "DJ RUFF BANGIN TRACKS",
            "coordinates": {
                "latitude": 41.655645,
                "longitude": -88.174335
            },
            "logo_url": "https://square-web-production-f.squarecdn.com/files/32be19c30eb5a7311bb70a38c55026e3c07b1216/original.png",
            "mcc": "7929"
        }
    ]
}

If they complete one successful Cash app payment does the name correctly populate? :slightly_smiling_face:

That did it! :slight_smile: That’s kinda unfortunate that merchants have to first purchase their own products but the good news is it did work. Thanks, Bryan!

Glad to hear that did the trick. We’re constantly working to improve our features based on feedback like this, so I’ll be sure to share your request to the API product team. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like