API to print receipt automatically

Hi

I am using square payment on my website through a plugin(WordPress-PHP).
Whenever an order is placed from a website it is not showing any alert in my POS. But the order is reflecting under the transaction option, not printing receipt automatically.
How can I achieve this functionality whenever an order successfully placed from the website then in my POS it automatically alerts the about order to print receipts.

Thanks

Hi @Archita welcome to the forums!

Unfortunately we do not own these plugins, so we can’t offer much assistance here. In theory, if you were to create an order with fulfillments and pay for the order, it will push it to your Square POS application. If you have the order-printing functionality turned on and connected to a printer, it will automatically print as you receive them.

However, it sounds like the plugin isn’t even doing the first step: sending it to the Square POS. So the plugin would need to change their own behavior to pay for the order as well as set a fulfillments to get the desired results. I suggest reaching out to the particular plugin’s support team for assistance/suggestion.

Hi @sjosey

Thanks for your reply.
I have a few queries. It would be great if you can help.
I need to create a custom plugin for my woocommerce store. Can you share references for the same? Also, it would be great if you can share in which flow these API’s work.
thanks

This doc will show you how to push an order to your POS: https://developer.squareup.com/docs/orders-api/order-ahead-usecase. As for turning on printing, take a look at our public support doc about this: https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/5194-print-order-tickets

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns, I’m happy to help!

Thanks that helped a lot.
one more thing
I am running sample APIs through postman. now i am getting everything in orders. I want to confirm one thing. Can I test POS notification with my sandbox account? If yes then how?

No, unfortunately not. The POS application currently does not support a sandbox mode.

How can I change the heading on my print receipt? For now, it is showing woo plus amount payment.

Thanks.a lot. I fixed the order integration

1 Like