"Account is not enabled for card processing" error (on previously working, activated account)

Hi! Since around ~5-6 hours ago, we’ve been getting this error for one of our clients.

{"errors":[{"category":"INVALID_REQUEST_ERROR","code":"CARD_PROCESSING_NOT_ENABLED","detail":"Account is not enabled for card processing, visit www.squareup.com/activate"}]}

We’re not sure why this is the case even though their account is already activated. It has been working fine for the past few months until today. There is no indication on their dashboard that they need to further activate their account.

Its thrown sporadically – some of their customers are able to pay fine, while others have this error thrown.

Details Below:
location_id: 8C8Q27HWQCZJT
merchant_id: WZE8CQNYQHHK0

Could we get some help with investigating this issue? We’re suspecting its possibly on Square’s end as we cannot reproduce for our other clients.

Thank you!

Welcome to the forums!

I took a look and it does appear there might be something going on with your account, but unfortunately it’s outside of my support scope. Could you reach out to Support and see if they would be able to help you? https://squareup.com/help/us/en/

Hello @Convo did you ever figure this out? I’ve been getting the same error and can’t seem to solve it after numerous days of battling to get this working. Was there anything in particular you had to do? “Account is not enabled for card processing” error code