3D Secure Liability Shift

How can we know a transaction liability has been shifted because of 3D secure verification?

There is nothing in the dashboard transactions to indicate this status.

Is there there an option to get this info from the Payment API or another API end point?

Unfortunately, there isn’t a way to see if the liability of a payment has shifted with our APIs. We’re constantly working to improve our features based on feedback like this, so I’ll be sure to share your request to the API product team. :slightly_smiling_face:

So if there is a dispute, will Square provide the full details then as to the Liability Shift? Otherwise my client is in the dark, and then what is the point in having 3D secure.

I did find other topic back from Aug 2022, asking about the same issue, so it’s been 8 months.

Do you have an ETA? If API is not an option at least something in the dashboard please.

Having visibility into Liability Shift is a must.

I can easily name 10 other merchant providers including your main competitor that provide that information.

I don’t think I’m asking for something very unique. This is the basic info that needs to be there to inform my client.

Unfortunately until it’s implemented I find it very difficult to recommend Square as a developer to my clients that are in need of knowing if liability shifted.

Thank you

Are all the payments going through 3DS for your customer? If so the liability for fraudulent chargebacks is shifted to the card issuer in most cases.

Unfortunately, we don’t have a public roadmap for features like this. We’re constantly working to improve our features based on feedback like this, so I’ll be sure to share your request to the API product team. :slightly_smiling_face: