More details reported on each Transaction

Hi there

It would be incredibly useful, not only for testing but to monitor how customers use the system, to include more details on each Transaction as shown in the Dashboard.

In particular the following would be ideal:

1. Did the customer pay with Google Pay or Apple Pay? As the last 4 numbers are shielded when paying with Google Or Apple Pay it makes it difficult to inform customers where their refund is going if the system doesn’t show the payment was made with either of these payment types.
  2. 3D Secure Information - was the transaction authenticated, is the processor enrolled in 3D secure, has the liability for the transaction been shifted as a result?
  3. Fraud information- did the transaction return an AVS or CVV response?
  4. Always show the name of the customer. Even if a customer is not created in Square the name and email of the customer is supplied so it would be great to show these against the transaction
  5. The Transaction Status page is really lacking in detail. As well as including all the above a message to say why the transaction was declined i.e. failed 3D secure verification would offer some insight to help us help customers complete their transactions.

Cheers, Paul

With Square for contactless payments the last 4 digits of the card are returned in the payment and the payment will contain entry_method so you can track refunds.

Currently there isn’t a way to tell if a payment went through 3DS from the payment response. We’re constantly working to improve our features based on feedback like this, so I’ll be sure to share your request to the API product team.

In each payment we provide avs_status and cvv_status so you can check if they were verified or not checked when completing the payment. Please note that you may see successful payments with these values not checked.

If the name and email are being provided you can create a customer with the Customers API and pass that in with the CreatePayment request to always have the customer associated to the payment. Otherwise at this time if a customer_id isn’t provided there’s not guarantee that one will be associated to the payment .

As for the information on the Transactions Status page I’ll definitely share that with the team. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi @Bryan-Square thanks for the reply. These points were more for the Dashboard (Sign In) where this information isn’t available and would be extremely helpful to have displayed. Just some ideas for you :slight_smile:

Okay, thanks for clarifying where you’d like to see the data. We’re constantly working to improve our features based on feedback like this, so I’ll be sure to share your request to the API product team. :slightly_smiling_face: