Webhooks with more than one Application on the developer Dashboard

Hi there,

I have defined 2 Apps in the developer dashboard, let say App1 & App2, both have Webhook subscription.

On the Sandbox environment, when I try to use the .Net SDK to create a payment link using the Access Token of App1, the link is created successfully but when I try to follow the created link and test the payment both webhooks are triggered!!! (I mean App1 & App2)

It is supposed to trigger the webhook of the App1 only.

Am I missing something?

Hey there @Sam! Webhooks are scoped to your account, not to a particular application. This means that whenever an event you’re subscribed to occurs on your account, you’ll receive a webhook notification for every subscription you have set up.

Note that webhook events are not limited to being triggered by API requests. They can also be triggered by actions on your Seller Dashboard or within the Square Point of Sale App (where there is no application integration involved at all).

Hope that helps clear it up!

It’s very clear now.

Thank you

1 Like

Webhooks are scoped to your account, not to a particular application. This means that whenever an event you’re subscribed to occurs on your account, you’ll receive a webhook notification for every subscription you have set up.

Where is this documented? I feel like I’m missing some useful information to help me understand how to properly configure my webhooks, but it’s hard when I can’t find useful nuggets like this.

That’s a bit confusing but if you subscribe to webhooks you’ll get notifications for events you’ve subscribed to from your account and any authorized account using your application. :slightly_smiling_face: