Very custom order tickets.... within the realm of possibilities?

I’m interested in developing a system similar to the “super tickets” used in our flower shop. These tickets are essential for managing orders, as they are used by order takers (whether online, over the phone, or in-person), designers, and delivery personnel or for customer pickups. The tickets feature specialized sections for the customer’s personalized message, the design specifics, and the customer’s details, including the delivery address. I currently use a Square register for transactions. Is it possible to design software that can operate on this register or on our computers, which would automatically gather order details and format them to print onto these “super tickets”? If not obvious these are printed on normal printers, in our case connected to a PC. Any advice or resources on how to approach this would be greatly appreciated.

At this time the ability to build a custom application that will run on the Square Register isn’t currently available. You can build a custom app that will run on your computer that reads orders from the Orders API and prints out your custom ticket. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks Bryan, So if I’m understanding correctly we can pull the order information using the API and then do what we need to customize an order ticket.

Is the “order” in this case a collection of information that’s stored on a server and can be recalled at anytime?

If the order is being created by the API then you can retrieve the order and update it prior to it being paid for. If the order is paid for you’ll only be able to update the fulfillment and state of an order. :slightly_smiling_face: