URGENT: CC Card Fields not shown with X-Frame-Options to "sameorigin" error

I have a site using the JS API. It has been working for over a year error free. A few times lately I get a X-Frame-Options error on https://pci-connect.squareup.com. It has gone away in the past while I am diagnosing it. Today it is still here.
When it happens the INPUT boxes in the CC card payment area are not displayed - there is no place to enter the CC info.
This is clearly an error on SQUARE’s side.

Any ideas?
The exact Error Message appears 6 times is:
Refused to display ‘https://pci-connect.squareup.com/’ in a frame because it set ‘X-Frame-Options’ to ‘sameorigin’.

Same origin errors are only resolved by the source server adding the correct sameorigin header in the response.

UPDATE: If I comment out paymentForm.build() the errors do not occur, so it is in the SQUARE code. The paymentForm variable is an instance of new SqPaymentForm({… )

HELP!
Thanks,
Sean

1 Like

We’ve got the same issue, started in the early hours of this morning. Has been ok for over a year.

2 Likes

We too have that problem, it’s starts 1-2 days ago partially, but today everything isn’t working

1 Like

Thanks for the comments. Is there anyway to actually contact square to report this error? I have asked the customer I contract to, but she is highly non-technical.
This happened last week, but they fixed it while I was still diagnosing WHERE the error occurred. It has happened to 3 customers (that reported it) in the intervening week.

I’ve worked out what our issue is. We didn’t know (wasn’t informed to my knowledge) the SqPaymentForm JS API has been depreciated and it was turned off this morning UK time. So now we have the arduous task of migrating from old to new JS WebPayments APIs.

The SqPaymentForm library is deprecated as of May 13, 2022, and will only receive critical security updates until it is retired on October 31, 2022.

1 Like

THANK YOU.
But now that we know, can they turn it back on for a week or month while we port? Some notice would have been nice. Even just a "console.log() message explaining what is happening.

Of course the sample in the video does not work.
Can anyone help with the html/javascript side? I am getting “Square” is not defined.

The SqPaymentForm shouldn’t be relied on as it is retired. We recommend migrating as soon as possible. :slightly_smiling_face:

Notification BEFORE it was turned off would have been just peachy!

I am also face same poblem https://book-my-booth.com/mirroredimagephotobooth.net/booking/ don’t know what happen . working previously but suddelny stop working. Card input detail field are display but disable not able to put values.

I got mine working last night. The examples in the video are WRONG. Look at the code under the new payments protocol. With a little effort I modified the JS so my backend code only needed the version date updated.

What can I do to get notifications of any other deprecations?

Glad to hear that migrated over. We sent out many notifications about the deprecation and retirement of the SqPaymentForm. ​​​​​​​The SqPaymentForm has been deprecated for over a year and just retired on 10/31. The previous retirement date was 7/20 which was pushed out to 10/31. All notifications of changes are sent to the emails associated to the Square account. :slightly_smiling_face:

OK, I am a Developer/Consultant/Vender. If the notifications go to the store owner I will never know.
How can I get these messages?
Can you send them to registered emails in THE DEVELOPER FORUM so developers get notified. This information is much more relevant to developers than store owners who have no idea what it means.

We’re constantly working to improve our features based on feedback like this, so I’ll be sure to share your request to the product team. :slightly_smiling_face:

@grahamtill – I’m giving you a warning about being unprofessional. We do not tolerate trolling or insulting/derogatory comments. The whole point of these forums are to help developers on our platform.

I understand that you may be frustrated with needing migrate from SqPaymentForm to Web Payments SDK, but that doesn’t justify being unkind to the people are wanting to help you.

If we find you talking/behaving this way in our forums again, we will suspend your forum account.

Another suggestion: Add a “developer email address” to the account. That would allow you to notify me through my customers account.

Which video are you referring to here? Just so I can take a look at which one might need to be updated.

This video should be up-to-date, since it follows our Web Payments Quickstart example application. Sandbox 101: End to End Payments with Web Payments SDK - YouTube

Is this the one you’re thinking is wrong? Sandbox 101: Web Payments SDK - YouTube

If this was directed at me I am not at all frustrated with your need to move forward with new APIs and retire old ones. If anything it is a benefit to me.
I am however infuriated that I can’t get notified (without paying for a store account) when your changes are going to take down my customers’ web sites.

Added to that frustration, I share the frustration with many others that there is no way to actually talk to developer support in an emergency - even for a fee. I had to get another developer to notify what the problem was.

Are those comments in any way unprofessional, trolling or insulting/derogatory? They are just 2 factual statements that point out deficiencies in Square’s Developer Support. That is not the same thing.

Have a nice day.

@SeanD - no that warning was not directed at you, it was directed at someone else. I sent a separate message directed at you regarding the videos that you said were incorrect, since I wanted to go check which ones might need to be updated. I already flagged the post by another user that I found to be unprofessional towards another community member.

@SeanD Having a Square account is free. You shouldn’t be charged for anything unless you’re subscribed to product. If you have a Square account you’ll get notifications for things like this. :slightly_smiling_face: