Update a booking's team member via API

We’d like to offer customers & admins the ability to update the team member associated with an booking, without changing anything else.

I tried retrieving a booking, then making a request to PUT /v2/bookings/{booking_id} with every field the same except for team_member_id, and I get a 200 response, but the team member ID in this appointment segment remains unchanged.

Likewise, using the same endpoint to update a booking with a new start time in addition to a new team member ID returns a 200 response and a new booking object with the correct new start time, but the original team_member_id. It’s like the team_member_id provided in the API requests is completely ignored.

Is this expected behavior?

If so, are there any workarounds here? My only idea is to cancel the booking and then create a new one, but because the API is designed to be “user-facing”, cancelling and re-creating a booking will trigger a whole series of unwanted user notifications (Like “Hi {name}, you’ve cancelled your booking” and “Hi {name}, your booking is confirmed” back-to-back, when in fact the user may not have even been the one performing this action).

:wave: Currently supported updates with the Bookings API are:

• The customer can postpone the appointment.
  • The customer can supply a new customer note.

We’re constantly working to improve our features based on feedback like this, so I’ll be sure to share your request to the API product team. :slightly_smiling_face: