Booking via API outside regular availability

This may actually be a feature request, but is there a way to disregard the existing availability when booking an event via the Booking API? Like some sort of flag to “force book” an event?

Or, is there an endpoint available I could use to create a new availability slot, then immediately follow that with POST request to /bookings to book it?

For context, as I mentioned in a previous post we’re building a custom platform for patients to book appointments, and our staff requires the ability to modify these appointments / create new ones. When creating new ones, they need the ability to create them outside of regularly scheduled availability. Apparently they can do this via the existing Square UI, but we can’t allow that because then we’d be unable to retrieve data on new or updated bookings.

1 Like

Hi @adboio,

Currently the adjusting the availability with the API isn’t currently available with the Bookings API. We’re constantly working to improve our features based on feedback like this, so I’ll be sure to share your request to the API product team.

Is there an update to this important feature request?
Thank you.

It’s critical you give use, your customers, the ability to manipulate the availability through the API.

:wave: Currently we don’t have public roadmaps for feature requests and releases. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi there,
Is there any update to this important feature request?
It’s critical you give use, your customers, the ability to manipulate the availability through the API