Can booking webhook api provide old and new appointment?

I am using the booking webhook api to send notifications when a booking changes or is cancelled. I am currently only getting one webhook message when an appointment time is changed. I would expect to get two messages, one cancel and one appointment created, or have both appointment data in a single webhook message. Thanks!

:wave: With the Bookings API a bookings.updated webhook will send when an appointment is changed. It won’t trigger a booking.created event when bookings are being updated. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hey Bryan, thanks for reply! So in that case I think what I am wanting is more of a feature request. When a bookings.updated event is fired it would be useful to know what the appointment data was before the update and after the update. Currently, as far as I can tell, you are only returning the appointment data after the update.

Yes, that is correct. You could store the previous instance of the booking in your database and when you get the updated event you can compare the changes. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Yea I’ll have to do that for now. I still think it could be helpful to have both data available on update. Thanks so much for the help! :+1: