Team Permissions API? Do it Square!

It would be sweet to indicate in our external management app which employees we want to sync with Square. Eg, everyone who we have flagged as a “server” could pick up the tablet, log in using their pin, and take orders on the tablet without having to do double data entry. I see that I can create team members, but the ability to edit much besides their name, email, is limited. It doesn’t look like the permissions are directly writable via API. Can you confirm this is the case, and whether square might allow this in the future.

James

:wave: That’s correct. At this time the ability to edit the permissions isn’t currently available. We’re constantly working to improve our features based on feedback like this, so I’ll be sure to share your request to the API product team. :slightly_smiling_face:

What default permissions are given to team members created by the api? Creating users without ability to segment them is pretty useless.

Currently, there isn’t permissions associated to the team member when one is created by the API. You’ll need to go into the Dashboard and manually assign permissions. :slightly_smiling_face: