Create New Employee Using API

Hello - quick question about the Team API. I want to create a new employee using an API endpoint… But as of now, I can’t find any API endpoint for creating a new employee at a particular location. Is this something that can be done? I’ve looked through the API and I don’t see this option - maybe I’m missing something?

:wave: When you create a team member you can set assigned_locations. :slightly_smiling_face:

It does not send the invitation to that particular team member is there any other api for that?

That’s correct, the endpoint won’t trigger the email cause the permissions have to be configured. At this time the permissions can only be configured in the Dashboard. Once you set the permissions the email invitation will be triggered. :slightly_smiling_face:

Is there any alternate way to do this programmatically?

At this time there isn’t. This is a popular feature request and we hope to have more for you soon. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi, I’m new here and trying to set up my integration for in-person payments. I know this discussion is from 2 years ago and it doesn’t seem like the feature has been added, so I really want to add my voice to the discussion and express how insanely valuable this would be for me if permissions (even just basic/default ones) could be set and the invite message could be sent via API. Otherwise, I’m just going to have to go in manually every time and that’s a pain for me and my clients who will have to wait for my team to manually do it. I’d love to know if this is already on the roadmap or not?

We’re constantly working to improve our features based on feedback like this. This is a popular feature request and we hope to have more for you soon. Unfortunately, we don’t have public roadmaps for feature requests like this. :slightly_smiling_face: