Table Name/Number on Order

Forgive me if I missed something in the Docs or in this forum, I did search both.

Is the “table name/number” as it pertains to an order, an accessible string in the API? I would assume it to be somewhere in the Orders Object, possibly in fulfillments?

Any help is appreciated in advance, cheers.

2 Likes

Currently, the table name and table number isn’t currently available with the orders object with the Orders API. We’re constantly working to improve our features based on feedback like this, so I’ll be sure to share your request to the API product team. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hey! When can we expect this feature to be available
I can see that there is a ticket_name in the Order Object (beta)
but it can also be other values (customer first name or auto-generated order number).
Will the table number/name be available in API anytime soon?

1 Like

:wave: Currently we don’t have a public roadmap for launches and feature releases. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi, if it’s not on the Order Object, how can we get the info? like recipient or Table Name.
for all online order, the print out ticket name will be Square Online xxxxxxxx. How can we get the number?

1 Like

:wave: At this time Table Name isn’t currently available with Square APIs. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hello Bryan,
is there any update on this? Or another way to get the table associated with an order via the API? Thanks.

1 Like

Hi @Abdelkrim, at this time there isn’t any update on this feature nor is there a workaround to get the info via the API. :slightly_smiling_face:

Is this feature still not available? Or is there any way to set up the square POS so that a certain section of tables gets a unique identifier that can be used to differentiate them from other orders?

1 Like

The table name was on the “note” field for a short period of time, then they removed it.

1 Like

The note is something that the customer has to enter. Was the customer entering the table number as a note when they took the order so it would pass to the POS/API? :slightly_smiling_face:

Hey Bryan, is it possible to distinguish orders that are entered on separate POS stations within the same restaurant? For example, if we have an ipad station in one room, all orders entered on that ipad would have any unique identifier, like the “source” tag in their order object? I don’t need the specific table number, I only need one group of tables to be distinguished. How can I do this?

It’s not possible to distinguish what device an order was input on but the payment will have device_details. If the device has a name in the settings of the device it will add it to the payment. You’ll then be able to separate all the payments by device name. :slightly_smiling_face:

Sorry I don’t want to create new topics. But can I get details of orders created on POS with Orders API ?

Yes, you can get the order details from POS orders when the order is paid for. At this time the ability to get unpaid orders from the POS isn’t currently possible. :slightly_smiling_face: