Receiving order information: Waiter and Table

Hi there!

I am trying to do a performance analysis of our waiters for my restaurant. And I came across the fact that nowhere in the API is there an option to get information about each order (cheque):

1. At which table the order was placed
  2. Which waiter took it

I had absolutely no idea that the market leader in POS would not have such basic information and not include it in the order data. All reputable POS’s have this feature.

Could you tell me please, when are you going to add this functionality?

At this time the ability to get the orders table and the waiter that assisted the customers from the Orders API isn’t currently available. We’re constantly working to improve our features based on feedback like this, so I’ll be sure to share your request to the API product team. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi there!
Thanks for the information!

And maybe it’s possible to get data about:

1. which waiter served the guest in order
  2. at which table
    … from another API? Maybe I’m just using the wrong API…

For your use case is the waiter also the person checking the customer out? If so then the team_member_id for the employee will be on the payment object which you can use to calculate tips.

As for the table that isn’t currently available in the API. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thanks for the info!
I’m looking forward to adding tables to the API.
Could you please give me a hint and is there any insight as to when this might happen?

At this time we don’t have public roadmaps for features like this. :slightly_smiling_face: