Subscription quantity

Can I specify the quantity for a subscription like in Stripe?
I can’t find any reference to it in the docs or forums.

What exactly do you mean by quantity? Is it the number of billing cycles? If so yes, that’s defined in the subscription plan periods. :slightly_smiling_face:

No, not billing cycles. I mean subscribing multiple times to the same plan. Let’s say I have a subscription plan for a company that costs $10/employee. As the company admin adds or removes employee accounts I would change the quantity of the base $10/month subscription. Stripe has this feature (Setting subscription quantities | Stripe Documentation).

How would I handle this with Square while having a pro-rated initial charge when the quantity changes in the middle of a billing cycle.

You can swap the plan for a given subscription and have each different plan represent a different quantity of employees. :slightly_smiling_face:

Yes, I’ve thought about that option, but it seems like a very hacky way to deal with it. If I will have companies with 100 employee accounts I will have to create 100 different subscription plans, “1 employee plan”, “2 employee plan”, “3 employee plan”, etc. I will also have to monitor for cases surpassing my hard encoded limit.

Simply changing the quantity is a much more elegant and foolproof solution.

Right, it would make it easier if there was a quantity however that isn’t currently a feature that’s available with the Subscriptions API. We’re constantly working to improve our features based on feedback like this, so I’ll be sure to share your request to the API product team. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like