Square web payments SDK Apple Pay Registration

Hi,
I am trying to register a sandbox domain to accept Apple Wallet payments. The generated apple-developer-merchantid-domain-association file is accessible at www.our-domain.com/.well-known/apple-developer-merchantid-domain-association but it has been sitting on “pending” status for a few hours. Is this normal?

:wave: Domain registration should verify as soon as the certificate is added to the domain. If it’s still verifying that means that the certificate isn’t correctly uploaded to the domain. When you go to this site with the .well-known/apple-developer-merchantid-domain-association does it automatically trigger the download of the certificate? :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi Bryan,

Yes it immediately downloads the file.

What’s the application ID you created the certificate with?

Can I send it to you privately?

Yeah, you can do that if you’d like. However there’s really is no harm sharing the application ID or the location Id since they are often available on the client side. It’s the access token that you should never share. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks Bryan, This is our sandbox appID sandbox-sq0idb-8eR0l92q4AKYMCS0x_fulA

You’re right, it does trigger the download on the domain. Is the certificate that you uploaded to the domain the one Square provided or was it provided by another payment processor?

Yes, the apple-developer-merchantid-domain-association came from the square dashboard, which I saved directly into our ./well-known.

Looks like it’s working as expected. Are you using Safari on an Apple device that has Apple Pay enabled?

Yeah, I saw that it rendering to the dom. But I have a console error: PaymentMethodUnsupportedError: Method unsupported: Your website's domain is not verified for use with Apple Pay... (this is on a mac, HTTPS connection) . Then when I went through the steps to register our domain in the dashboard, it was just hanging on “pending”. I also thought that it shouldn’t render at all if it is not registered and It rendered before I had registered any sandbox domains with Square.

@Bryan-Square Any other ideas as to why it might not be working?

The team is looking into this however Apple Pay Domain Registration is down for maintenance between 11am PST and 11pm PST on March 9th. So once it’s back up they will be able to look into this more. Additionally they recommend that when it does come back up you delete and recreate the certificate.

Ok Thanks! I will try that tomorrow then.

Hi Bryan, I have regenerated a new merchant ID, replaced the existing apple-developer-merchantid-domain-association file, and redeployed our server… still pending. Was the team able to see anything else that might be problematic?

@Bryan-Square Are you able to provide any other input on this?

I’m working with the team on this and I’ll be sure to reach out with any updates. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Any updates on this?

Is the application ID that you provided the one your trying to verify Apple Pay with? we aren’t seeing any records with sq0idp-ZpbYyhX_otGoxvuGxQj1UQ

Hi Bryan, The sandboxed App ID I am using is: sandbox-sq0idb-8eR0l92q4AKYMCS0x_fulA. Is there no record with this ID?