Square web payments SDK Apple Pay Registration

We’re seeing some encoding errors. Did you copy the contents of our provided file and create your own? If so could you try to grab the file directly from us and to also make sure that your server does not modify the files it serves.

Hi Bryan, I have just redone the configuration. I saved the file directly from the square dashboard into our ./well-known folder, not touched it in any way, redeployed our staging server and it is still pending.

I notice that this file (as it appears when i save it directly from square dashboard) is multiple lines with white space at the end of each line is this how it is supposed to be formatted? I notice our apple-developer-merchantid-domain-association in production (that works correctly) is on one line, with no white space? I have also tried formatting this non-working merchant ID file that way however and it didn’t seem to make a difference. I will also check if our deployment process is modifying the file in some way.

Edit: The file is saving with UTF8 encoding, is this correct?

I’m honestly not sure. We are reaching out to Apple about this.

Just following up to see if you have heard anything from Apple.

We haven’t gotten anything conclusive yet since you’ve confirmed that you are getting the file from us and not any other portal. I’ll be sure to reach out with any updates.

1 Like

Apple got back to us and suggested that you make sure you are using the exact downloaded file without any modifications. Also make sure your file server isn’t modifying the output of said file (e.g. reading it and converting it). You’ve confirmed that you are using the exact downloaded file. Could you confirm whether or not the server is modifying the file? :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi Bryan, Thanks for following up. The file I am saving into our ./well-known directly from square and the file that I can download when navigating to <our_domain>/.well-known/apple-developer-merchantid-domain-association are exactly the same. Linux diff commands returns no difference between the two files

@shayne If you re-download the verification file from the developer dashboard, and try again does it work? :slightly_smiling_face:

Great! It actually didn’t work immediately but it is now verified! Thanks for the help!

Fantastic! Glad to hear it worked. :smile:

1 Like