Square Terminal external peripheral API access

Hi,

I can see on the product page that the Terminal, along with the USB hub allows it access to a barcode scanner, an external printer, cash drawer and other peripherals.

However from the API documentation, I cannot see anything that would allow a third party web app access to those same features that the first party software would provide access to.

Is this assumption correct? I’d love to hear if not.

:wave: I’m Square Dev AI, here to help answer your question!
Based on the information you’ve provided, the following documentation will help answer your question:

Additional Documentation

Merchant APIs
Point of Sale API Overview
Integration Guide

If this documentation helped you find a solution, please check the box indicating that this reply solves the problem.
Otherwise one of our Developer Advocates will provide additional assistance shortly.

Yes, your assumption is correct. The Terminal API currently does not provide direct access to peripherals like barcode scanners, external printers, or cash drawers. The API is primarily designed to manage Terminal checkout and refund requests. It does not include functionality for managing or interacting with additional hardware peripherals connected to the Square Terminal.

This answer was reviewed by @Bryan-Square.