Square for Retail option to list unique, single sale items and auto-remove unique items from inventory upon sale

CONTEXT:
Our retail business lists thousands of unique vintage clothing options that cannot be replaced once they are sold. We enter every unique item into our square inventory catalogue before it is made available for sale in our store. The issue with Square currently is that when a unique item is sold, it is not removed from the inventory catalog. Right now, there is only a manual option to remove items from the Square for Retail inventory catalog, which is very tedious when you are dealing with hundreds of one-of-a-kind retail items that have been sold.

FEATURE REQUEST:
Add a feature to Square for Retail that allows users to mark an item as “unique” when creating and adding new item to the inventory. When a “unique” item is sold, it should be automatically removed from the inventory catalog since there is no way to replace the item.

2 Likes

We’re constantly working to improve our features based on feedback like this, so I’ll be sure to share your request to the API product team. :slight_smile:

Thank you Bryan! I know that there are many retailers who can benefit from this feature. There are many types of shops that only sell unique, single sale items: art galleries, antique shops, vintage clothing stores, auctions etc… I saw that a similar feature was requested almost 6 years ago in this forum but wanted to refresh the topic. It could greatly improve the user experience for many users including myself.

In the meantime we do have guidance on monitoring sold out items so. you don’t oversell the limited amount of items or unique items that are available. :slight_smile: