SqPaymentForm additional useful sale params

Hi,

Just setting up Square now. Got the SqPaymentsForm working but when I look at the transactions in the dashboard, they all seem to say stuff like custom amount and custom transaction.

There seem to be fields like SKU. Doesn’t seem to be any way to send these via the form to the reporting system ??? Am I right ?

There is lineitems and details for Google Pay but not for the standard credit card processing. Please let me know if there is some magic.

Ideally I would like to send thru Product Name or SKU at least. Even better a whole block of text about the items that the customer purchased.

Thanks,

Shaun

Hey Shaun, welcome to the forums!

You’re correct, using the Payment Form as-is will result in “Custom Amount”. However, with the CreatePayment endpoint, you can pass an order_id, which is key to having itemization (which has item names, prices, can include modifiers/taxes/discounts as well). So, basically you need to create an order (https://developer.squareup.com/docs/orders-api/create-orders), and pass the order_id into the CreatePayment endpoint as a parameter.

So, to be clear, this is more on the back-end, not the front-end (Square Payment Form). The Square Payment Form solely takes card data and secures it into a nonce to be usable via our APIs. Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns, I’m happy to help!