Retry card-on-file charge on failed recurring payment

Hi,
I have a customer subscribed to a subscription-plan who had 3 successful charges on his “card-on-file”. However, the last payment failed on “not able to charge card on file”. He is getting the email that requests manual payment but he is chatting with me saying that there is nothing wrong with his card.
I think I will be able to convince him to retry, but… I would rather have the option to say “Oh, let us retry”.
Is there a way, either by the dashboard OR by the api to retry a card-on-file to charge the invoice associated with failed payment for a subscription-plan?

In the dashboard I Tried “make payment by card” on the open invoice but that requires to fill-in a new card and does not allow to select the card on file.

Looking forward to an answer

I Like Singing;

:wave: Currently the ability to trigger a card on file payment for a subscription manually isn’t available with the Subscriptions API. We’re constantly working to improve our features based on feedback like this, so I’ll be sure to share your request to the API product team. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi,
I found out that in the “square dashboard>Invoices”,
I can click on the “overdue invoice”
Then click “edit” (of the overdue invoice)
Then under “payments options” > :payment methods on file":
->default says: “do not charge a payment method on file”
->But I can change that to “charge visa ending in ####”

After that I could click “update”
->-> I don’t dare to do that because I don’t want to mess with my customer. But would this retry to charge the card on file???

All of the above is on the invoice that is send to the customer after the subscription automatic payment had failed due to “unable to charge your card on file”

I like Singing