Retrieving buyer summary

I am trying to access customer information related to their last visit.

This information is displayed on the customer dashboard page

Under further investigation, I found out these dates come inside a “buyer_summary” field inside the customer, as a result of a POST request made to squareup.rolodex.RolodexService/GetContact

First question: Is there a way to obtain and update the visits information of a customer using some Square API?
Second question: Can I register that kind of information in some way, when I use an external source to generate an order?

Thank you very much!

:wave: While buyer summary information is available in the Square Seller Dashboard it isn’t currently available with our APIs. We’re constantly working to improve our features based on feedback like this, so I’ll be sure to share your request to the API product team. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you for your answer, Bryan.

Is there a way to update programmatically update the last visit day using the API? With an order placement, or something?

If you create an order and a payment with the API it will update the date they last visited. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hey, Bryan, It is me again.
So I tested placing an order using orders API createOrder, then I create a Payment using payments API createPayment for that order, and finally, updating the loyalty points for that customer using Loyalty API createLoyaltyReward. None of those operations results in updating de last visit date of that customer. What am I doing wrong?

That should have worked. Do you have the payment_id?

Yes! I do. I can even see the money received at the dashboard, or refund it.

Great, would you mind providing it? :slightly_smiling_face:

BuDm2HuuASgE0VX9xm7HOjEWM27YY

It looks like it updated. The customer directory says the last visit way a day yesterday and that was when the payment was made. :slightly_smiling_face:

So the update was made! Great!

When I try to check for those changes in the dashboard, I get that the last visit was on January 2022, while the enrolled on date is February 24th, coincidentally, the day of the last purchase. That might be an issue with the dashboard itself, what do you think?
Again, Thank you for all your effort! I would not be able to handle this without your help!

So refreshing the page updated the dates? I’m a bit confused by your response cause you mentioned it was still showing the January date.

The issue seems to be on gathering the data for the buyer summary. I said the last visit date was updated, but when refreshing the page, the last visit date is January 10th still. No change on the dashboard. even tried to clean browser data to try it, and the last visit date does not change on the customer dashboard listing, nor in the customer summary

What browser are you using? Every time I make a payment for a customer it updates whats in the Directory immediately after refreshing the page.

I am using Chrome, and the Sandbox Square Dashboard and store.
I try checking the information using the Squareup dashboard, in the customer button.

1. Enter the dashboard at /dashboard/
  2. Click customers button on the left menu, accessing /dashboard/customers/directory
  3. Here the last visit date is already wrong, but I can click on the user to verify its data: /dashboard/directory/customer/CUSTOMER_ID