Retrieve multiple images for single catalog item

I am building a custom site for a client that utilizes Square for their transactions and inventory management. I understand Square POS only lets you upload 1 image per item, but Square Online lets you upload multiple. My client has many items uploaded to Square with multiple images but I am unable to retrieve more than 1 image per item through Square API.

I am using the /v2/catalog/list endpoint to retrieve items and then using each item’s image_id field on the /v2/catalog/object/{image_id} endpoint.

I assume I am only retrieving the POS version of items but need to retrieve the Online version. Is there another endpoint to retrieve the multiple images that exist for each item?

:wave: Currently with the Catalog API the ability to retrieve all the item images associated to an online store item isn’t currently available. This is a very popular feature request and we hope to have more options for you soon, so thanks for your continued patience. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks for the reply Bryan.

Just to clarify:
Are you saying it is possible to retrieve the first image associated to an online store item? Or is it only possible to retrieve the single image associated to the POS item?

At this time the POS item images are what is returned with the Catalog API. :slightly_smiling_face:

Ok thank you Bryan. One last question:

Is it possible to set all POS item images as the equivalent Online item’s first image? Wether through the API or the owner dashboard?

Currently the first image for an item will be the image that is returned with the Catalog API.