Restaurants - sum total modifiers (>1 for each modified select)

Items in restaurants let you select modifiers in a binary 1/0 option. Would be better to have scale options, i.e. select modified one equal to 6, modifier two equal to 0, modifier three equal to 2 (sum total of 8).

*Key for restaurants where items are a selection from a basket (i.e. pick wing flavours for 10 wings; user picks 5 of one flavour, 4 of another, etc.)
*Feature does not currently exist as modifiers are binary off/on

We are also in desperate need of this feature. Any update as to whether this is on a roadmap for implementation? Uber Eats recently added this to its customer order flow, which has made things much simpler for customers. But, for employees, the amount of scrolling this requires makes it untenable and we’re left not being able to track at this level.

We’re constantly working to improve our features based on feedback like this, so I’ll be sure to share your request to the API product team. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi! I’m on the Product team and want to thank you for sharing your feedback, it’s heard! @ice0mike one thought that would allow you to specify quantities would be to model wing flavours as item variations. It might look like this:
Item: Basket of 10 Wings
Item variation 1: Lemon Pepper
Item variation 2: Hot
Item variation 3: BBQ
etc.

There are some implications with how this would show in the point of sale. For example for a seller using Square for Restaurants, in the app they tap the menu item, then tap the variation, increment the quantity, and tap add to check. Each variation they add appears as a separate line item instead of appearing grouped together under the item.

Thanks for the information. I will try to figure it out for more. Keep sharing such post ahead.

Rapidfs