Possibility of supporting ApplePay and GooglePay with Web Payments SDK for Japanese accounts

Hi, developer team.

Background

I am developing a web application that allows Japanese goods stores to open online stores in NextJS(React), TypeScript.
I am comparing Stripe Conect and Square as payment platform technologies.

I am concerned about the fact that Apple Pay and GooglePay are not supported for payments from the Web Payments SDK for Japanese dealers (accounts).

Web Payments SDK > Take an Apple Pay Payment
Web Payments SDK > Take a Google Pay Payment

Question

About Web Payments SDK

• Is there any plan to support ApplePay and GooglePay payment in Japan?
  • Is there any plan to support PayPay payment in Japan?

I would like to know at least a rough estimate.

Thanks.

:wave: At this time Apple Pay and Google Pay isn’t currently available in Japan as you pointed out in the documentation. We don’t currently have a public roadmap for features and releases that give estimated timelines. We’re constantly working to improve our features based on feedback like this, so I’ll be sure to share your request to the API product team. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi, developer team.:wave:
Is there any further information on the development schedule?
Also, I would like to know if there is a roadmap for a Web Payments SDK that can be released to the public.

At this time there is no public roadmap on feature and products such as Apple Pay, Google Pay, and Web Payments SDK. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hello, Developer Team.:wave:
Do you have any further information on the development timeline for the Web Payments SDK or Payment API?

• Do you plan to support ApplePay and GooglePay payments in Japan?
  • Do you plan to support PayPay payments in Japan?

Unfortunately, we don’t have public roadmaps for feature requests like this. We’re constantly working to improve our features based on feedback like this, so I’ll be sure to share your request to the API product team. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like