Payment webhook example for Apple Pay

Hi team,

I’m looking for an example payment.updated payload received from a webhook event when someone pays for an item using apple pay (payment.updated Webhook - Square API Reference).

I’m trying to determine if there is a fingerprint id or equivalent that exists on that payload

Can somebody provide one?

Thanks,
Alan

:wave: An Apple Pay payment.created and payment.updated events will have a fingerprint just the same as any other payment event. :slightly_smiling_face:

Oh awesome, that’s good news. Any chance of getting an example payload for my unit testing purposes? Right now I am only testing against the example in the link but I’m concerned that’s not an exhaustive list

We don’t have any other example payloads other than what’s documented. If you looking for a production value you can take a production payment to see the full payload and refund it when complete. :slightly_smiling_face:

I don’t believe testing in production is an appropriate approach here. I am also not at a point in development where this is even feasible.

Is there any chance you can take a payload from production logs that you have access to and null out the values? My concern is that I thought an Apply Pay payment would be regarded as a digital wallet and not a card, so I want to make sure the fingerprint key is where I expect it to be