Webhook Signature Mismatch for payment.created & payment.updated webhooks

I am only seeing this error in my production account (not either of my sandbox accounts). When I try to validate the payment.created and payment.updated events, the hash I produce on my end does not match the signature received from the headers.

Note, I did see some successful calls in my logs for these two endpoints, however it only seems to fail when the data itself has multiple nested objects ( Example: the data.object.payment object has deeply nested objects such as data.object.payment.card_details.card)

Additional information:

• My app ID is sq0idp-NLJQVmndw8XyEYi27ygs-g
  • I’m receiving the webhooks via AWS SQS, which then gets processed by my NodeJS application. Not sure if this would cause any issues in itself, but I have not had any issues up to this point with it.

Do you have a specific payment_id that you experienced this with?

Here are a few, but I have many many more.

3HshJxoUP7unAV9Yt5KGkCVMuaB, TBsIwgByHtaOrOT9bS6G1rbAwaB, XlNYiXtcG3v97Fe4yMVWVpwVvaB

Is there a specific function you run when creating your signature? (Like sorting the attributes before hashing, etc.)

Want to provide an update and let you know that the team is looking into this.

Thank you, I appreciate you getting back to me!

Hey @Bryan-Square,

Is there any word on this? I just noticed the same behavior on payment.created/payment.updated webhooks in my staging environment (sandbox app ID sandbox-sq0idb-sOKs0XyV7WiLz6_kQdSKug). However for some reason or another everything seems to be validating correctly in my dev environment (sandbox app ID sandbox-sq0idb-kK3X_6CjO00oyDWtTS3a3A). All three environments are currently utilizing version 2021-08-18 of the Square API

Hey @Bryan-Square ,

Is there any update on this?

They are still looking into this. :slightly_smiling_face: