Organize Square Invoices by Date of Service

I am using Square Invoices Plus basically like Catering Software and it has been working out pretty well. I have been able to manipulate it to work for me for the most part.
But as far as staying organized on the invoices page, they are all over the place. I wish I had the option to organize it based on “Date of Service” (which SHOULD BE AN OPTION since that is part of the actual invoice) instead of just when it is paid, not paid etc. It would be nice if it also had some sort of calendar feature as well. There are a couple more things Square Invoices could do to work better for catering software with more “field options” like Delivery addresses, etc… but baby steps I guess lol.

2 Likes

:wave: Thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback. We’re constantly working to improve our products and services based on the feedback we receive from customers. I’ll be sure to share this with the appropriate team. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thank you.
We have the same exact issues using it for catering.
Sort by date and additional custom list views (Salesforce style filtering, sorting and list view fields).
Integrated calendar is also a must for catering, I find myself overbooking or missing opportunities, because its difficult tracking event dates that’s not native to the invoicing.

1 Like

I third this need! Would love to be able to view my invoices on a calendar and/or sort by service date/month so I can ensure my records are all up to date!

1 Like

This simple change would simplify my life so much as well! We invoice events with invoices and I was really disappointed that I couldn’t organize by the date of service. Would be so much easier to see what events are up and coming!
I really hope being able to organize invoices via service date is added soon! That would be so amazing!

1 Like

The Invoices team does monitor this Forum and they are aware of the feature request. Thank you all for contributing and please feel free to share your use cases. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hello! Adding in to this thread, as it was the first result on Google for this potential solution. We are another catering business here with need for this feature, as well as potentially modifying the sales report filters to allow filtering by future service dates.

If we were able to pull up total invoice sales by date of service, we could easily see what revenue we are pulling in for an upcoming time period and quickly set employee hours based on revenue.

Hypothetically, this upcoming week we would want to know we have $10K worth of sales revenue coming in, so we can turn around and set payroll budget for that week at $5K.

That’s just one use case from our end. Thank you!!

1 Like

We’re constantly working to improve our features based on feedback like this, so I’ll be sure to share your request to the API product team. :slightly_smiling_face:

Yes, I have to go into every invoice for the month to add up our food and beverage sales, because sometimes people will pay a month in advance and it goes to that month’s sales.
Which is another post I had made about having a “window” to make a payment so that people don’t pay so far in advance. When they do and their numbers change, I have to either refund them, or open a new invoice entirely. This is all a chain reaction of errors I wish could be fixed.

I agree fully that invoices should be sortable in square by event date. I am also in the catering business.

I was able to do a workaround where I used Google App Scripts to connect through the Square API to get the info into a google sheet where I could then manipulate it in the ways many of you are asking. The relevant info is called up by “invoice.sale_or_service_date”. Obviously the steps to get that all set up in the first place are extensive, but I am not a web developer (just an avid Chat GPT user for such tasks). If anyone is interested I can share the basic code. You would probably have to do a decent bit of retooling to get exactly what you want.

Can you send it to me please!

[email protected]