Migrating From SqPaymentForm to WebPayment SDK from scratch

I am trying to migrate from SqPaymentForm to WebPayment SDK. As I was not there when the website was developed, I barely know about this website other than Laravel basic. Can someone guide me where do i start with?
i tried to reference with this Migration guide But it is with PHP version 8 and mine is PHP version 7.4

I’m going to message you a link to our migration guide. :slightly_smiling_face:

In a forum where developers are expected to look for answers to their questions, why would you message a link to the OP instead of just posting the link for everyone to see? What is the link? It would be helpful for me (and probably others that arrive here looking for information).

@brukenet Do you need the migration guide? We sent depreciation and retirement notification over the past year on the SqPaymentForm retirement. While I agree that this is a Forum for developers building on Square to find information, the SqPaymentForm is completely retired. Also the source of truth for our developer information is our Developer Documentation which is well maintained and in our life cycle we will remove documentation on retired developer tools. Having one off documentation on retired developer products isn’t scalable long term. :slightly_smiling_face:

@Bryan-Square I can’t access to the Migration guide u sent me. Could you grant me access

I haven’t double checked but there have definitely been multiple posts showing the migration guide link over the years. The guide used to be super easy to find, though I notice now that the old migration guide link is currently redirecting to the Web Payments overview page - the old link used to be: https://developer.squareup.com/docs/web-payments/migrate - this is referenced in the Web Payments SDK comment block talking about migration as of 2023-03-20 here - see the first “Did you know” block. I can’t easily find the migration guide in Google any more, so maybe the public link went away with time.

The SqPaymentForm doco used to also point to the migration guide and that’s gone now too - I’m guessing because people were getting confused by it.

@yeluck17 Link sent. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

@Bryan-Square I have the same issue as yeluck17, could you please send me the migration guide? Our previous dev missed the ball and now I’m on the clock to fix this… Thanks for your help!

Just sent the migration guide. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Can I please have the migration guide? One of my clients didn’t think to mention the notifications they have been receiving about the retirement :man_facepalming:

Just sent the guide. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi Bryan,

May I request the guide as well? My client undoubtedly ignored your emails about deprication and expected everything to work, and then is now frantically wanting me to make this work. It’s a low volume website (otherwise she would’ve figured this out sooner). She’s using the old SqPaymentForm.

Thank you!

–Robert

@roosaro, Just messaged you the guide. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Bryan,

I too just found out about this and will need the migration guide emailed to me. Thanks in advance. Also, any sample code in ColdFusion?

@KeyCityWeb, just messaged you the guide. :slight_smile:

Could I also request the migration guide, please? The link I was able to find so far is just the set-up guide for the SDK. I have been tasked at my new job to “fix the Square problem.” It turns out they are still trying to use the sqPaymentForm.

Thank you!

Hi @slind2023, I just messaged you the requested migration guide. :slight_smile:

Bryan, could you please also send the link to me?

@RohitJA, just sent you the link. :slightly_smiling_face:

Can you please send the link as well. Redoing an old integration.