Items library image upload not showing

Hi,

I am trying to add an image to the item library using just Square sandbox interface through the browser, but is getting blank doesn’t matter which Sandbox API version I am using it. If I check the source url looks like background-image: url("//null/unsafe/125x138/https://square-catalog-sandbox.s3.amazonaws.com/files/c26c16a512f9eb4c3160fa9f28e772aee03814fe/original.jpeg")

Is anything that I can get help with that?

Why is prepending the //nul/unsafe?
If I remove it using the chrome debugging tool, the image shows up. All browsers, Firefox, Chrome, Edge same behaviour.

Thank you

Thanks for brining this to our attention I was able to replicate and am reaching out to the team. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you so much Bryan. Appreciate that.

Any luck with that Bryan? How long will take?

The team is still working on a fix. Unfortunately we don’t have a timeline for when it will be resolved. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you for keeping me posted. What really is the issue if can tell that?

At this time I don’t have any additional details. I’ll be sure to post when I have an update. :slightly_smiling_face:

Bryan, what do you suggest want me to do? Still 3rd day with no solution for this. Not sure I am the only one with this issue? For sure out there are some other developers that use Square, how do they use it? Is it just on my account?

I’ve been able to replicate this as well. The team is actively looking into this. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi Bryan, do you have any updates on this please?

Bryan, should I delete my dev account or what? It’s been so long this issue, not sure what to do.

Seems this is still an issue a year later?

When trying to add product images to variants in the Sandbox Developer Dashboard in the browser I don’t have this option, whereas i do in production. I had to pivot away from using the sandbox API entirely as a result. @Bryan-Square don’t know if you’re still aware of this.

@spreadpando Thanks for reaching out about this. I’ve reached out to the team on this. :slightly_smiling_face:

It would seem that the dev team has simply blocked off images from the sandbox. If that’s the case, pleas just let us know. It’s a ludicrous limitation, as at least placeholder images should at least be available via a service like unsplash, but if the Square team hasn’t fixed the problem in a freaking YEAR then either the sandbox should be considered deprecated or these guys don’t know what the heck they’re doin.

Any update here? It seems to still be an issue. I can upload images, but the url returned in the catalog list objects doesn’t seem to be valid.

Update: The Square team has noted that the issues mentioned in this thread should be resolved.

This being said, @thegardenstop , I would like to learn more about the issue you are running into.
Can I get your application id from Developer Dashboard, so I can take a look at your API Logs.
And can you let me know the steps you took, so I can try and reproduce the issue you are running into?

Absolutely, the app id for the sandbox is: sandbox-sq0idb-kqOew23r1THtzrKww4VlCg

• `You can see in this screenshot that the images don’t show up in the Items table
  • In the next screenshot you can see in the item there is a photo

Looking at it more deeply, I am realizing that at least part of the issue is that sandbox is not returning ecom_image_uris like it does in production.

Here is that second screenshot:

To make sure I’m reproducing your issue properly, you’re going into Developer Dashboard to open your sandbox dashboard, then uploading an image.

From my testing, the image is there, but the different is that the thumbnail minimizes and centers in production Seller Dashboard, but not with the sandbox image (just the very top left corner of the full sized image)

This being said, the image is there, but let me try and check with the Square team to see if we can get the item thumbnail of the image behaving the same between production and sandbox.

Tested with this image:
sandboximagetest

For me the main issue is that the ecom_image_uris is not coming back in the Catalog’s list api.