Instant payout process

Dear Square Support Team,

I am writing to inquire about how we can achieve an instant payout process when a user requests a payout. Currently, I am unable to find any API that allows me to add a customer’s bank account or send money through Square’s payout API.

Can you please provide some guidance on how to implement an instant payout process or suggest any API options that can help me link a customer’s bank account and send out payouts?

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Best regards,

Lakshit

At this time the ability to programmatically add a bank account and initiate an instant payout isn’t currently available with Square APIs. We’re constantly working to improve our features based on feedback like this, so I’ll be sure to share your request to the API product team. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you for your response. I appreciate your efforts in sharing my request to the API product team.

In the meantime, if there is no option to initiate an instant payout through Square, would it be possible to facilitate payouts to the linked wallet, such as PayPal or Plaid authenticated bank accounts?

I would be grateful if you could provide some guidance on how to implement such an option using Square’s APIs.

Thank you for your help.

With Square payouts are sent to either the linked bank account or the linked debit card. You can manually initiate an instant payout or configure the payout in the Seller Dashboard. Unfortunately, at this time payout functionality isn’t currently available with our APIs. :slightly_smiling_face: