Initializing Cash App Pay failed PaymentMethodUnsupportedError

Using web sdk and this seems to affect cashapp: using our appId and the end users locationId when trying create the cashapp button [payments.cashAppPay] I get “Initializing Cash App Pay failed PaymentMethodUnsupportedError: Method unsupported: Your merchant account has not yet been onboarded for this payment method. Please visit the Seller Dashboard to enable the payment method” for quite a few end users (but not all, some and our own account location id work fine). I was able to jump on a screenshare with one of the users with the error and we went through their entire seller dashboard but everywhere that we could ‘accept cash app’ was all turned on already (online + online checkout) – what am i missing here, the error seems obvious but i can’t even find in the seller dashboard where to enable it.

Whats the location_id of a seller that got this error? :slightly_smiling_face:

LZG4XDBB3EZZS
thanks for looking into this.

I’m not seeing anything that would be blocking Cash app pay. Do you have the link of the page the form is hosted on so I can take a look? :slightly_smiling_face:

Here’s a live site (add something to the cart, get to checkout, hit the tab for cash app and the button is missing (you’ll see the error in console as soon as you get to payment page)

I’ll try to setup a staging type test for you here shortly

Heres more of a ‘testing/staging’ you can use that goes directly to a super basic page i just threw together.

https://prapi.ux.app/square

Thanks! I’m checking with the team on this. :slightly_smiling_face:

Looks like this is a CBD seller which isn’t approved to use Cash app pay. I understand this isn’t documented and I’ll work with the team to fix that. :slightly_smiling_face:

Understood, thanks for looking into it for me.