How do I set the fulfillment to shipping when creating a new catalog object via the Catalog API?

I’ve created a catalog object via the API and I have it working correctly for everything except that when I go into my items online and choose “Visible” in the dropdown, nothing is visible. When I go into the catalog object, I see this message: “Your customers may not be able to purchase this item online because no fulfillment method is selected”.

I also noticed that the “Visibility” under Square Online Settings is blank.

How do I set these two fields via the Catalog API upon item creation, or if the item must be created first, after item creation?

Thanks!

:wave: I’m Square Dev AI, here to help answer your question!
Based on the information you’ve provided, the following documentation will help answer your question:

Additional Documentation

Design a Catalog
Add Custom Attributes
Use Item Options to Manage Item Variations

If this documentation helped you find a solution, please check the box indicating that this reply solves the problem.
Otherwise one of our Developer Advocates will provide additional assistance shortly.

At this time the ability to configure the visibility of a catalog object for the online store isn’t currently available. We’re constantly working to improve our features based on feedback like this, so I’ll be sure to share your request to the API product team. :slightly_smiling_face:

That’s unfortunate. The API isn’t much use if you can create an item but can’t make it available on your website. Ah well. Thanks anyways.

I’ve read from other posts that you don’t have a roadmap and can’t share when you’ll be adding features, so I’ll have to start shopping around for another provider then.

Thank you for the quick answer.

If the sync is setup for the Square Online Store then the items will populate when it runs. :slightly_smiling_face:

Is there any update on this? I really don’t fancy having to manually set the fulfillment type for the 521 items I’ve just added to my store. Thanks.

At this time there isn’t any additional updates on this particular feature request. The team is aware of this request and we hope to have more for you in the future. :slightly_smiling_face:

It used to be possible though! I used to have it done by having available_online set to true
and the only annoying thing was that I couldn’t set delivery to true. Now not only is this ignored but so is available_for_pickup AND I now have to manually go into this new area called Add from Item Library and there’s no way in there for me to do a bulk update for fulfillment before adding them.